The Importance of Hiring a Licensed Contractor for Your Concrete
January 12, 2022
Any time you hire a contractor to take on any kind of work at your home (including concrete work), it is important to make sure they are licensed for the kind of work they will be performing. While it can be tempting to try to do the work yourself to save quite a bit of money up front, there are many more reasons why relying on professionals is the better way to go if you care about quality, long-lasting work.
Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits associated with working with licensed contractors:
- Experience and training: A contractor that has earned licensure has also demonstrated they have the necessary training and knowledge to complete jobs well. It takes time and hard work to put in the hours necessary to achieve licensure, and they must also pass a test before they’re granted that license. Ultimately, you can trust any licensed contractor is experienced and well trained—something you can’t necessarily say for unlicensed workers.
- Insurance: Licensed contractors offer liability insurance, which is beneficial because it protects you from legal and financial liability should an accident occur on your property during contract work. Contractors who are insured have protection from any medical fees or property damage, so you won’t have to worry about paying those costs yourself.
- Quality work: A licensed contractor will ensure every step of the job is completed properly and safely. Licensed contractors have gone through enough jobs that they know all the steps that must be completed, and they’ll have a system to get through the process as efficiently as possible without compromising safety and quality.
- Contracts: Licensed contractors will have much more thorough, legally-airtight contracts and will be more likely to abide by the terms of those contracts than people who advertise their services without licensure.
- Local standards: Certain types of concrete work might need to follow local building codes or ordinances. They may require inspections for certain types of work. Licensed contractors will understand the various requirements in your area and how to adhere to them, preventing you from having to deal with potential fines or other issues associated with municipal oversight.
- Savings: While it’s true that you may be able to save some money up front by doing a concrete job yourself, it’s much more likely you will save money in the long run by going with a professional for the job. This is because people without the proper experience, training and equipment are more likely to make mistakes in the work that will compromise the structural integrity of the concrete, thus making it far more likely the concrete will have to be repaired or replaced earlier than would otherwise be necessary. Save yourself the time, money and stress by getting the job done right the first time.
Need more information about the importance of hiring a licensed contractor and why they’re a better option than DIY concrete work? Contact Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete today to learn more.
Categorised in: Concrete Contractor