Masonry Restoration vs. Repair: What’s the Difference?
Does your masonry need a little TLC? Is it time for repairs or restoration? Many property owners aren’t aware there is a difference. However, the two methods are quite distinct. If you hire a masonry contractor in Racine, WI to renew your masonry, they will either perform one or the other. To understand the difference and determine which you need for your property, use the following guide.
- Process: When a masonry contractor in Racine, WI completes masonry repair, he or she will replace damaged sections with new bricks or stones. For crack repairs, caulking is a common solution. With larger cracks, the contractor may use sand-patching or concrete filling to make the repairs.
- Timeline: Masonry repairs can be simple, or they can be more extensive and involved. The timeline depends on how detailed the construction is and how bad the masonry damage is. However, repairs can typically be completed in a shorter timeframe than restoration.
- Budget: Of the two options, repairs are generally the more affordable. Those who have a small budget for reviving their masonry construction can choose repairs over restoration to reduce the cost of the work.
- Expertise: It is important to work with an experienced masonry contractor in Racine, WI for all masonry repairs. These trained professionals will provide the equipment, safety measures and expertise needed to get the job done right the first time.
- Process: Masonry restoration involves ensuring new pieces are period-appropriate. To restore the property, the masonry contractor in Racine, WI removes the old masonry and adds new mortar. This process is referred to as repointing. Once this is complete, the contractor will refinish the mortar and clean it. Finally, they will seal the new surface to ensure it lasts. The final result is a masonry project that preserves the look and feel of the construction period.
- Timeline: Masonry restoration is generally more involved than masonry repair. Careful attention must be paid to the details of matching the surrounding materials. This precision extends the timeline of the project.
- Budget: Restoration is also more costly than repairs. However, the final result can be well worth the investment. If you want the beautiful effects of restoration, consider expanding the budget to achieve a restored look.
- Expertise: Property owners should not trust their masonry restoration to just any masonry contractor in Racine, WI. It is important to partner with an established company that specializes in restoration. Before hiring a contractor, ask about their experience with the type of materials and time period involved with your project. Choose someone with the appropriate expertise to achieve the beautiful restored look you desire.
Restorations and Repairs
Whether your masonry construction needs minor crack repairs or major restoration, the team at Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete is ready to assist you. We offer a full line of services as your leading masonry contractor in Racine, WI. We will partner with you to provide the right service for your needs. Reach out to us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Masonry Contractor