Even if you’re not planning on selling your house anytime soon, keeping up its curb appeal should always be on your mind. A home with poor curb appeal is worth less on the market, reflects poorly on its owners and can be an eyesore for all of the neighbors.
Maintaining appeal includes everything from mowing the lawn to keeping the front of the house clean, but you can’t forget about the state of the driveway. A cracked and outdated driveway is an easy way to ruin your curb appeal and drive down your property value. Keep reading to learn more about how a new driveway can improve your curb appeal in Racine, WI:
- Better looking: As driveways age, they may fade, start to crack or even develop potholes. None of these things look good for your property. The only way to restore your curb appeal if your driveway looks bad is to get a new one. A new, professionally-installed driveway won’t just look great—it will last for years without starting to fall apart.
- Sets a good first impression: If your house faces the street, the driveway is probably one of the first things someone will see while driving past your house or walking up to the front door. Ensure you’re making the best first impression by having a pristine driveway! This is especially important during open houses if your property is for sale.
- More functionality: If you have multiple cars, an RV, a boat trailer or any other larger type of vehicle, you’ll need an expansive driveway to park them all. Wide and long driveways ensure you have plenty of space to park all of your vehicles. This may also help attract potential buyers who have additional vehicles that need dedicated parking spots.
- Higher offers: Since they’re trying to save money where they can, buyers are always looking for a reason to make a lowball offer on a home. One thing they can point out is a shoddy-looking driveway that needs to be replaced. Don’t give potential buyers that opportunity—repave your driveway before you put it on the market.
What’s the best driveway material?
Choosing just any material won’t help your new driveway improve your curb appeal in Racine, WI. Here are the reasons homeowners should choose either concrete or pavers for their new driveway:
- Concrete: One of the most popular driveway materials is concrete. As long as it’s maintained, a concrete driveway can last for years before it starts to develop cracks. Concrete can also come in a variety of colors and textures to make your home stand out from the crowd.
- Pavers: If you really want to make a statement, opt for a driveway made of stone or brick pavers. Since it can blend in seamlessly with other hardscaping on the property, a paver driveway is one of the best-looking options out there. Whether you go with brick or stone, a new driveway is sure to increase your property value in Racine, WI.
Stop living with your cracked and ugly driveway and get a brand-new concrete or paver driveway! Give Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete a call today to get a free estimate for our masonry work or to learn more about how a new driveway can increase your property value in Racine, WI.
Categorised in: Driveway Repairs