Racine County gets 35 inches of rainfall every year, and 40 inches of snow. While all of this precipitation sustains all of the beautiful plant life in our community, water is enemy number one for any sort of concrete surfaces, from foundations to retaining walls. That’s why we’re proud to offer high-quality services when you need help waterproofing concrete in Racine, WI and the surrounding areas.
Why is concrete waterproofing important?
There’s loads of concrete throughout a variety of residential and commercial structures. Even though homes and businesses rely upon this sturdy material, they often skip the vital step of waterproofing concrete in Racine, WI. This is a mistake. Concrete withstands many conditions, but water deteriorates it in a number of ways. Here’s how waterproofing can help protect your surface:
- Stop concrete erosion: The longer your concrete surfaces are exposed to moisture without protection, the more this material erodes. Not only does this look bad, but it also puts your home or business at risk for structural issues. Concrete protects matrix materials and base concrete. If moisture breaks down these outer surfaces, you’ll find water damage in other parts of your property.
- Increase property value: If you’re selling your property, people will want to know that your concrete underwent waterproofing treatments. It’s actually a selling point because it communicates to any potential buyers that the structure itself is sound and well maintained.
- Reduce maintenance costs: Once you’ve had professionals waterproof the various concrete elements around your property, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of protecting or repairing them in the event of severe storms or flooding. Additionally, standard maintenance tasks for concrete take much less time and effort if you’ve waterproofed these surfaces in advance.
- Prevents the growth of mold and mildew: Not only does mold and mildew deteriorate the structural integrity of your building, but it also puts any occupants in danger of various health risks.
- Avoid costly repairs: It’s expensive, invasive and time consuming to repair concrete foundations, walls and other surfaces after water damage, even when handled by a diligent team of experts. In many cases, contractors need to fully replace the concrete to make your home or business safe again. Investing in waterproofing now saves you considerable time, money and hassle later.
How to waterproof concrete
Ultimately, the goal with waterproofing concrete in Racine, WI is to stop moisture from seeping into this porous building material and drain precipitation away from the structure. Head to any local hardware store and you’ll find concrete waterproofing products and vapor barriers. While many websites assure you that this is a perfectly acceptable do-it-yourself project, this task requires expert oversight and years of experience working with these materials. Failing to apply waterproofing products correctly costs you money and doesn’t safeguard your concrete from the damaging effects of moisture.
Instead, we recommend hiring a highly-rated contractor to handle the process of waterproofing your concrete in Racine, WI. For over a century, Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete has been the premier concrete business in the area. We work with both commercial and residential property owners in need of affordable, reliable concrete services, including waterproofing. To learn more about our work, get in touch with us today.
Categorised in: Concrete Contractor