You have two options when your driveway starts to age and crack: you can replace it, or you can have it repaired. Although we specialize in both driveway replacement and driveway repairs in Racine, WI, we often recommend that our customers make repairs if possible, rather than replacing their whole driveway. Continue reading to learn a few of the reasons why we take this approach with our customers:
- Save money: From labor costs to the price of materials, we don’t need to tell you that pouring brand new concrete can be quite pricy. Instead of paying thousands of dollars for a new driveway, have a professional patch up cracks or quickly make other minor repairs that are far less expensive.
- Faster time to completion: The process of pouring a new driveway usually isn’t a quick one. Though we can lay the concrete in a day, it can take a week or more before you can actually drive on it. Instead of parking your car on the street for a week, hire us to make repairs and be able to utilize your driveway on the same day.
- Less hassle: Waiting around for your concrete to set isn’t the only hassle associated with installing a new driveway—you also have to deal with a construction crew on your property and different tools and materials laying around in your yard. Needless to say, that can get to be a little frustrating after a while. You can sidestep that hassle by hiring a team to make simple repairs. If the repairs aren’t too extensive, your concrete crew may be out of your hair in a matter of hours.
- Make repairs any time: We can’t pour concrete in all types of weather. We need near perfect weather conditions in order for the concrete to set correctly to ensure perfect results. That means you could wait around for days (or more) for us to complete new driveway installation. That’s not the case with repairs, though. We can fix your concrete practically any time you need repairs.
Signs that it’s time for repairs
Now that we know why you should have your driveway repaired, it might help to learn about a few of the signs that it’s time to make those repairs:
- Cracks: As the temperature fluctuates, your concrete expands and contracts. This constant movement eventually leads to small cracks that grow larger and larger as time goes on. Call a pro to make repairs to keep those cracks at bay!
- Potholes: If left untreated, those cracks will quickly turn into nasty potholes that ruin your tires and wreak havoc on your suspension. Luckily, we can come out and fill a pothole and patch it up to look as good as new.
- Sunken areas: The top of your concrete isn’t the only thing you need to be concerned about. Drainage issues underneath your driveway lead to sunken areas that look bad and eventually lead to worse problems. We can perform a quick repair that’ll even out the sunken areas to ensure your driveway looks as good as new.
If your driveway is looking a little less than stellar, it’s time to call Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete for driveway repairs in Racine, WI. We have decades of experience repairing driveways of all sizes, so you can rest easy knowing that there’s no job too big or too small for us to tackle.
Categorised in: Driveway Repairs