A retaining wall has the basic structural purpose of containing soil and thereby preventing erosion. Retaining walls are used on a variety of landscapes and in different situations. Homeowners find them useful to keep their property looking its very best.
However, the benefits of retaining walls in Racine, WI go beyond just keeping soil in place. The look and style of this fixture can improve your home’s appearance and raise its value. It can serve as a complementary item to a garden or pathway as well. When done right, a retaining wall serves both an aesthetic and practical function. Let’s look at all the ways in which your home could benefit from a high-quality retaining wall:
- Functional: Let’s start with the practical reasons for installing retaining walls. They make it less likely that your property will flood. They also prevent sinkholes and dirt piles or hills from developing. Retaining walls make it easier to maintain your property and prevent erosion. The fact is that your property is less likely to be damaged when a retaining wall is installed, and for that reason alone, it’s a worthwhile project to take on.
- Look for the right stones: Manufactured or store-bought stones are easier to use. That’s because they tend to come in uniform sizes and designed to fit together well. This doesn’t limit your options, though. High-quality stones are available in a variety of colors and shapes to fit every home.
- Add a unique touch: Don’t be afraid to get creative with the style of your retaining wall. It’s not just functional—it can be stylish as well. Terracing both makes the wall sturdier on lower grades while also providing an interesting visual element.
- Spice up an outdoor living space: Whether you want to add a bit of pizzazz to the patio or the front yard, a retaining wall can be a stylish choice. By adding a retaining wall, it adds a special something to a property that makes it stand out. This is great for enjoying your home and boosting your property’s value.
- Improve drainage: Hiring the professionals is a must for ensuring that the retaining wall leads to better irrigation and drainage. This gives you the opportunity to structure your yard in such a way that the lawn and garden will receive a good amount of water. The excess precipitation can be filtered down to the street or driveway.
Do you need a contractor who specializes in retaining walls in Racine, WI? Langenfeld Masonry & Concrete has served the region for more than a century. We’ve built our reputation in the industry as the leader in masonry and concrete contracting. If you’re looking for a reliable contractor with expertise in retaining walls, driveways, patios, sidewalks and concrete repair, then we’re the right choice.
Over five generations in the making, we’re the experts for everything from basement waterproofing to foundation pouring. It’s our commitment to excellence in craftsmanship and customer service that sets us apart from the competition. Call today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Retaining Walls